It is safest to move in a group if you do not know the terrain or the water area. Before the excursion, it is advisable to acquire the necessary maps and guides and check the weather forecast, particularly when going boating. Wear sturdy footwear and clothes that suit the weather. It is recommended that you take first aid equipment, rainwear, a spare set of clothes, as well as enough drinks with you, particularly in the summer. Remember to wear a floating vest when boating.
In wet weather and in winter, duckboards, rocks and piers can be slippery.
During the snowy season, the trails and routes are not maintained.
In an emergency, dial the number 112. Report your location, what has happened and listen to the instructions.
Tips and hintsMellonlahden luontolenkin opasvihko
EquipmentSäänmukainen vaatetus, tukevat jalkineet ja riittävästi juomista.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.